“They devoted themselves to the apostles – teaching and fellowship, to breaking of bread and prayers.” – Acts 2:42
We build the family of God by . . .
Ensuring that a sense of a belonging and caring community exists among the members of the congregation. This ministry is especially vigilant to see that newcomers and new members are fully incorporated, as they choose, into the life and work of the church. The ministry works with Sunday School classes and creates other educational opportunities, along with developing ways to help promote unity for fellowship, recreation, and leisure among the congregation.
Some of the various ministries under Nurture that benefit our congregation in special ways are:
- Sunday School classes for all ages and Bible study groups (i.e. DISCIPLE classes, short-term studies, etc.)
- Vacation Bible School
- Our church library which has many entertaining, thought-provoking and educational materials for all ages
- Church Nursery which is available during both worship services and Sunday School
- New Member Shepherds: they help new members in the congregation get to know various aspects of the church, it’s ministries, and members.
- Special events/dinners
- Prime Timers is a group of adults “in their prime” who meet on the third Tuesday of each month for fun, food, and fellowship.
- Homebound Visitation for those members who can’t come to church for health reasons, are in a nursing facility, the hospital or in a rehab. care facility.
- A Prayer Chain.
- Bereavement Care: offers meals or a lunch/reception following a memorial service for the family of a member who has passed away.
Other opportunities for fellowship within the congregation include the coffee fellowship on Sunday mornings before Sunday School, a Spring and Fall Festival, our annual fall church picnic, monthly activities, such as movie and game nights, and much more.